“TROPEX 2023” maritime exercise
The 2023 edition of Indian Navy’s major maritime exercise Theatre Level Operational Readiness Exercise (TROPEX), is currently underway in the Indian Ocean Region. This operational level exercise is conducted biennially and witnesses participation not only by all Indian Navy units but also of Indian Army, Indian Air Force and Coast Guard assets. The first exercise of maritime surveillance was held in January 2019. It is also called the biggest war game of the Indian Navy.
About the TROPEX 23
- TROPEX 23 is being conducted over a duration of three months from Jan – Mar 23. As part of the exercise, all surface combatants of the Indian Navy including Destroyers, Frigates, Corvettes as well as submarines and aircraft are put through complex maritime operational deployments to validate and refine the Navy’s Concept of Operations including operational logistics and interoperability with other Services.
- The exercise is being conducted in different phases, both in harbour and at sea, encompassing various facets of combat operations, including live weapon firings.
- This exercise provides an opportunity to test the combat readiness of the combined Fleets of the Indian Navy to operate in a multi-threat environment.
- The maritime exercise also facilitates operational level interaction with the Indian Army, Indian Air Force and the Coast Guard, which will further strengthen interoperability and joint operations in a complex environment.
You may also read this
- Indian Navy conducts “AMPHEX 2023” mega exercise in Andhra
- Indian Air Force to Conduct Exercise ‘PRALAY’ in Northeastern Part of India
- BSF organises ‘Ops Alert’ exercise to step up security along India-Pakistan border
- Air Force to conduct Poorvi Akash exercise in Northeast