For the first time, since the inception of the framework agreement of ISA, the Solar Awards were presented during the third Assembly of the International Solar Alliance (ISA) to the countries of the region as well as institutions working for solar.
Three categories of awards were conferred which included:
- Visvesvaraya award recognises the countries with a maximum floating solar capacity in each of the four regions of ISA.
- Kalpana Chawla awards recognise the outstanding contribution of scientists and engineers working in the field of solar energy.
- Diwakar award recognizes organisations & institutions that have been working for the benefit of differently-abled people and have maximised the use of solar energy in the host country.
List of Winners:
- Visvesvaraya award: Japan for the Asia Pacific region and the Netherlands for Europe and Others region.
- Kalpana Chawla awards: Dr Bhim Singh from IIT Delhi (India) and Dr Aaesha Alnuaimi from Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (United Arab Emirates).
- Diwakar award: Arpan Institute (Haryana) and Arushi Society.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- ISA Headquarters Location: Gurgram, Haryana.
- ISA Leader: Upendra Tripathy.