Jammu and Kashmir have inaugurated Bird Festival 2022 in Pahalgam in South Kashmir. It is a first-of-its-kind bird festival in the Union Territory. Jammu and Kashmir are all set to welcome tourists from all around the world for the Bird Festival 2022. The festival will be organized in collaboration with the Department of Tourism in the Sanctuary Foundation.
Key Points related to the Bird Festival 2022
- The Bird Festival will be beneficial for tourism and the local economy of Jammy and Kashmir.
- Secretary Tourism J&K, Sarmad Hafeez inaugurated the festival.
- The department of tourism with the Sanctuary Foundation will help to promote tourism.
- The inaugural ceremony of the six-day Bird Festival was attended by a large number of nature enthusiasts and bird lovers from across the country.
- 1200 species of birds are found all over India, out of which Kashmir has about 600 species.
- Bird Tourism is a new concept in India and Kashmir being a paradise of nature, has much more potential than any other state in India.