The Kerala Police launched a new initiative called the Pink Protection project for the protection of women in public, private and digital spaces. The Pink Protection project aims to prevent dowry-related issues, cyber-bullying & humiliation in public places. It has 10 components, one of which is activating the existing Pink Police Patrol system, named Pink Janamaithri Beat.
About the project:
- They will collect information from panchayat members, neighbours and other locals and hand it over to the Station House Officers for further action.
- The Pink Beat system, in which specially trained women police officers have been deployed, will be present at Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) and private buses and in front of schools, colleges and other public places including bus stops.
- Pink control rooms have been set up in all 14 districts to coordinate the activities.
- The Pink Shadow Patrol team will also be deployed to detect the presence of anti-socials in crowded areas and to take action.
- A bullet patrol team of woman police officers called “Pink Romeo” was also launched as part of the project.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Kerala CM: Pinarayi Vijayan;
- Kerala Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan.