Lt Gen MV Suchindra Kumar has been named as the new Vice Chief of Army Staff, while incumbent Lt Gen B S Raju will take charge as South Western Army Commander. Lt Gen Kumar has been promoted as Army Commander and appointed as the new Vice Chief of Army Staff. He is serving as the Deputy Chief of Army Staff (Strategy) in the Army Headquarters at present.
Lt Gen Kumar is an alumnus of the National Defence Academy, Khadakwasla. He was commissioned into 1 Assam Regiment in June 1985. He has commanded the 59 Rashtriya Rifles Battalion, an Infantry Brigade, and an Infantry Division on the Line of Control. Lt Gen Kumar has also commanded the highly active White Knight Corps. He has held the posts of Additional Director General Military Intelligence and Director General Military Intelligence at the Army headquarters.
Other Important Appointments
- Lt Gen Rashim Bali has been appointed as the commander of Leh-based 14 Corps which takes care of security along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) with China in the Ladakh sector.
- Lt Gen Anindya Sengupta, the current commander of the 14 Corps, will become the new Chief of Staff of Udhampur headquartered Northern Command.
- Lt Gen NSR Subramani, currently the Chief of Staff at the headquarters of the Northern Command in Udhampur, has been promoted to the rank of Army Commander and appointed as the next Central Army Commander.
Notably: Lt Gen Kumar, Lt Gen Raju and Lt Gen Subramani will assume their new responsibilities on March 1.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Indian Army Headquarters: New Delhi;
- Indian Army Founded: 1 April 1895, India;
- General Manoj Pande is the current Chief of Army Staff.
You may also read this:
- Indian Army carries out military exercise “Trishakri Prahar” in North Bengal
- Tata Boeing Aerospace Delivers First Fuselage for Indian Army AH-64 Apache
- HAL Unveiled Next Gen Supersonic Trainer HLFT-42 at Aero India 2023