Mastercard and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) have collaborated under Women’s Global Development and Prosperity Initiative (W-GDP) to launch ‘Project Kirana’ in India, to help women entrepreneurs grow and thrive.
About Project Kirana:
Project Kirana is a two-year programme, and initially, it will be rolled out in select cities of Uttar Pradesh, including Lucknow, Kanpur and Varanasi. The programme will be implemented by DAI Digital Frontiers and ACCESS Development Services.
The objective of Project Kirana:
- Build financial and digital literacy skills;
- Improve basic business management skills including inventory management, accounting, budget management and customer loyalty;
- Addressing cultural and other barriers to women becoming successful Kirana entrepreneurs;
- It will work to increase revenue streams, expand financial inclusion and digital payments adoption of Kirana shops that are owned or operated by women.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Mastercard Headquarters: New York, United States.
- Mastercard President: Michael Miebach.
- Mastercard Chief Executive Officer(CEO): Ajay Banga(Michael Miebach will take over as CEO by January 2021).