Meta, announced its partnership with the ministry of electronics and information technology (MeitY) for the G20 stay safe online campaign. As part of the partnership, the company claims that it will create and share helpful resources in multiple Indian languages through various channels, and spread awareness on how to stay safe online. Moreover, Meta has also launched its #DigitalSuraksha campaign to build on the company’s efforts to offer a safer and more inclusive internet to everyone.
The resources will cover themes like:
- Tackling online frauds
- How to report harmful content
- Safety tips while interacting online and more
#DigitalSuraksha campaign will include two digital literacy and three consumer awareness initiatives under the Digital literacy measures and Consumer awareness initiatives.
More About The #DigitalSuraksha campaign:
- The first phase of #DigitalSuraksha includes a partnership with Delhi Police to provide digital literacy to users in Delhi.
- According to the company, the resources under the G20 stay safe online will cover themes such as tackling online fraud, how to report harmful content, tips to keep yourself safe when interacting online and more.
- This partnership claims to not only support and equip the existing internet users but benefits the rapidly increasing new Internet users in India.
Benefits of partnership with MeitY:
India is at the cusp of becoming a $1 trillion digital economy and at the time when India is holding the G20 presidency, this strategic partnership will not only support and equip the existing internet users but will also be beneficial for the rapidly increasing amount of new internet users in India.
Other partnerships for the campaign:
The digital literacy measures further include the partnership with Delhi Police and Digital Nagrik Pledge. On the other hand, the consumer awareness initiatives will include Delhi Metro wrap, UnGap (a chat show featuring pairings of well-known parents and children) and Reporting campaign for children.