The Union Ministry for Home Affairs (MHA) has issued the Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs) to maintain the supply of essential goods. The Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs) have been issued by the MHA in order to relieve the difficulties faced by people during the 21-day nationwide lockdown to fight against the Coronavirus outbreak.
Click Here To Get Test Series For SBI PO 2020
Some key points related to Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs):
- The SOPs proposes to let e-commerce remain operational during the 21-day nationwide lockdown and to encourage the home delivery of essential goods while keeping in mind the practice of social distancing.
- The SOPs aims to allow the employees or persons engaged in the supply chain to commute on the basis of e-pass or any other certification issued by the concerned local authorities. This will be acheived on production of a valid photo identity card.
- In case of unorganized sector, the employees or persons who are engaged in the supply of essential goods may be allowed on the basis of approval/authorization of the local authorities.
- The SOPs also prescribe the regular health and sanitation check-up of employees who are engaged in supply of essential goods. It also recommends the provision of proper protective gear to employees engaged in supply of essential goods.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Union Minister of Home Affairs: Amit Shah.