Manish Sisodia, the deputy chief minister of Delhi, started Mission Kushal Karmi to help construction workers improve their abilities. According to a formal press release, the Delhi government developed this programme with assistance from the Delhi Skill and Entrepreneurship University (DSEU) and Delhi Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Board.
- This DSEU programme to increase the skills of construction workers, in collaboration with Simplex, NAREDCO, and India Vision Foundation, is particularly unique. Workers will upskill as part of this 15-day special training programme, which will increase their salaries in the future.
- This will contribute to an increase in worker salary of up to Rs 8,000. Under this scheme, the government wants to train 2 lakh workers in one year.
- These skilled personnel will also be advantageous to construction enterprises.
- The Delhi Skill and Entrepreneurship University now operates training centres in 3 locations, and more centres will be added soon. At each of these centres, excellent training spaces have also been created for the staff.
- The program’s goal is to offer over 2 lakh registered construction workers on-the-job skill development training in industry demand-driven job roles in the construction sector each year.
- As part of the initiative, employees will receive 120 hours (15 days) of training at their places of employment.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Deputy Chief Minister of Delhi: Shri Manish Sisodia
- Chief Minister of Delhi: Shri Arvind Kejriwal