National Conference on e-Governance 2020 was held in Mumbai, Maharashtra. The Mumbai Declaration was adopted on the concluding day of the National Conference on e-Governance. The theme of the conference is: India 2020: Digital Transformation. The National e-Governance Awards 2020 were also presented during the conference.
The National Conference on E-Governance was organised jointly by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India and Department of Information Technology, Government of Maharashtra.
In the National Conference on e-Governance 2020, use of digital technologies in transforming the governance was discussed along the issues, opportunities and challenges faced during this transformation process. During the conference, Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh stated that the e-Governance is very essential to achieve good governance.
National e-Governance Awards 2020:
The National e-Governance Awards 2020 were also presented during the conference to recognize the exemplary implementation of e-Governance initiatives and promote excellence in implementation of e-Governance initiatives.
Awards are presented every year:
- To recognize achievements in the area of e-Governance.
- To disseminate knowledge on effective methods of designing and implementing sustainable e-Governance initiatives.
- To encourage incremental innovations in successful e-Governance solutions.
- To promote and exchange experiences in solving problems, mitigating risks, resolving issues and planning for success.
Awards winners are as follows:
- Under the category of “Excellence in Government Process Re-engineering for Digital Transformation”, National Health Authority, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare was awarded with Gold award for Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana.
- IIT Roorkee’s Satellite-Based Agriculture Information System: An Efficient Application of ICT has won the Gold Award for Outstanding Research on Citizen-Centric Services.
- Under the category of “Excellence in providing citizen-centric delivery”, Antyodaya Saral Haryana of Department of IT, Haryana was awarded with the Gold award.