The National e-governance service delivery assessment (NeSDA) report 2021 was published recently. The report was released on June 13, 2022. NeSDA helps the respective governments improve their delivery of citizen centric services and shares best practices across the country for all States, UTs and Central Ministries to emulate. DARPG embarked on the second edition of NeSDA study in January 2021.
NeSDA report 2021: Significance
NeSDA helps the respective governments improve their delivery of citizen centric services and shares best practices across the country for all States, UTs and Central Ministries to emulate.
Sectors Covered: NeSDA 2021 covers services across seven sectors
- Labour & Employment,
- Local Governance & Utility Services,
- Social Welfare,
- Environment and
- Tourism sectors.
NeSDA report 2021: Key points
- Top Rankers: Overall, in NeSDA 2021, Kerala had the highest overall compliance score amongst all the States and UTs.
- Among UTs: Jammu and Kashmir, assessed first time in NeSDA 2021, scored highest among all UTs for six sectors.
- Among North-east and Hill States: Meghalaya and Nagaland are the leading state portals with an overall compliance of 90% across all assessment parameters.
- Among Remaining State Category: Kerala, Odisha, Tamil Nadu, Punjab, Karnataka and Uttar Pradesh had a compliance of more than 85% among the remaing state category.
- Among North-East and Hill States: The highest-ranking states of Meghalaya and Tripura showed improvement across all sectors compared to NeSDA 2019.
- Among Remaining State Category: The overall score of Tamil Nadu increased the most in 2021 compared to 2019. Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Punjab, Goa, and Odisha also improved the compliance of their services portals by 100%.