New York, Singapore most expensive cities: New York and Singapore are the most expensive cities in the world, according to the Economist Intelligence Unit’s (EIU) Worldwide Cost of Living Index for this year. Some Indian students are interested in attending these cities for higher education. Here is a list of some of the well-known universities and institutions in these pricey cities.
New York, Singapore most expensive cities: Key Points
● For many students, pursuing higher education in New York has long been a dream. Students will be exposed to the rich culture and way of life of the Big Apple while studying there, which will open up various job prospects.
● Ivy League institutions like Cornell University and Columbia University are located in New York.
● The top four universities in New York as per the QS World University Rankings 2023:
- Cornell University, located in Ithaca, New York, was established in 1865. It is one of the eight exclusive private IVY League universities in the USA.
- According to the QS World University Rankings 2023, it is rated 20. Computer and information sciences, management, business, marketing, engineering, biological and biomedical sciences, and many more subjects are among the most liked courses at Cornell University.
- The annual tuition for undergraduate students is $62,457. The annual tuition for international students pursuing professional degrees ranges from $20,000 to $37,000.
- Columbia University is the fifth-oldest university in the country and the oldest in New York City. King’s College, the predecessor to this Ivy League institution, was founded in 1754.
- The QS World University Rankings for 2023 place Columbia University at number 22. Medicine, nursing, business, engineering, brand management, marketing, and many other subjects are among the most well-liked courses offered at Columbia University.
- For international students, the cost of tuition for 2022–2023 is $31,285 a term.
New York University
- Founded in 1831, NYU is a renowned private institution. Greenwich Village in Manhattan is where it is situated.
- The 2023 QS World University Rankings place NYU at number 39.
- At New York University, courses in the visual and performing arts, business management, liberal arts, social sciences, computer and information sciences, psychology, and many more are very popular.
- International students at NYU pay tuition that ranges from $45,763 to $93,511.
- Yeshiva University is a Jewish-only private university in New York City that was established in 1886.
- There are three undergraduate colleges at Yeshiva University: Yeshiva College, Stern College for Women, and Sy Syms School of Business.
- According to the QS World University Rankings 2022, the university is rated 246. Business administration, psychology, political science and government, English language and literature, Jewish/Judaic Studies, economics, and many more courses are among the most well-liked ones offered at the institution.
- At Yeshiva University, full-time students must pay a termly tuition cost of $45,200.
Singapore: New Study Abroad Destination
Students from all around the world are soon to travel to the island nation of Singapore in Southeast Asia to study abroad. High-caliber institutions attest to the island nation’s academic prowess. Universities, Polytechnics, and Institutes of Technical Education make up the higher education system (ITE).
The top two institutions in Singapore are shown here, according to the QS World University Rankings 2023.
National University of Singapore
- Singapore’s Queenstown is home to the collegiate research institution NUS. The National University of Singapore was first established in 1905 as a small medical institute.
- NUS is one of the most sought-after universities, coming in at number 11 in the QS World University Rankings 2023.
- Chemical engineering, civil and structural engineering, pharmacy, environment sciences, geography, statistics, and other programmes are among the university’s most well-liked courses.
- The cost of undergraduate degrees ranges from S$12,00 to S$44,000 in tuition.
Nanyang Technological University
- One of Singapore’s top international universities with a focus on research is Nanyang Technological University (NTU). The university, established in 1991, collaborates with Imperial College London to offer a medical programme.
- According to the QS World University Rankings 2023, NTU is placed number 19. Some of the well-liked courses at NTU include electrical engineering, robotics, aeronautical engineering, computer, communication, and nanotechnology.
- The cost of tuition for full-time international programmes at NTU ranges from S$17,650 to S$75,550.
While there are many options available to students in both New York and Singapore, there are also substantial differences in terms of costs, safety, level of living, etc. The overall student experience and study abroad journey are significantly impacted by early housing selection when moving overseas. You’ll be able to make the choice that best meets your needs and objectives by considering it from all sides. Therefore, research, pick, and enrol at your desired university.