According to a press release from the Prime Minister’s Office, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched Akhil Bhartiya Shiksha Samagam on the National Education Policy in Varanasi. The Prime Minister told the audience that “our education system and young generation carry a large role of realising the vows of the “Amrit Kaal.” He bowed to Mahamana Madan Mohan Malviya, wishing the Samagam all the best. The Prime Minister opened the Akshay Patra Mid-Day Meal Kitchen at LT College earlier in the day.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
- PM claimed that the high level of talent displayed by the students with whom he interacted is a sign of the work required to develop such talent.
- The National Education Policy‘s fundamental tenet is to liberate education from constrictive thinking and integrate it with contemporary concepts.
- The prime minister emphasised that private actors are now opening up a new world for young people in fields like space technology where previously only the government used to do everything. Women are increasingly exhibiting their talent in fields that were previously off-limits to them.
- The Prime Minister emphasised that the new policy places a complete emphasis on developing children’s skills in accordance with their talents and preferences.
- The prime minister highlighted that after the policy was prepared, the momentum had not been lost. The Policy’s implementation has been a topic of ongoing discussion and effort.
- The Shiksha Samagam is being put on by the Ministry of Education. Eminent academics, policymakers, and academic leaders will have a forum to deliberate, exchange their experiences, and discuss the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 implementation roadmap.
- More than 300 Academic, Administrative, and Institutional Leaders from Universities (Central, State, Deemed, and Private), and Institutes of National Importance (IIT, IIM, NIT, IISER) from around the nation are participating in the event as part of improving their capacities.
- The progress of NEP implementation in each participant’s institution would be discussed, along with notable implementation tactics, best practises, and success stories.
- Panel discussions on the nine topics chosen for higher education under NEP 2020 will be held during the course of the three-day Shiksha Samagam.