Prasanth Kumar, CEO, South Asia of GroupM Media (India) Pvt Ltd, has been elected as the president of the Advertising Agencies Association of India (AAAI). He has an experience of over 25 years in the Industry. Before joining GroupM, he held positions at Pepsi, The Hindu, The Media Edge, and McCann Erickson. He has served as AAAI’s vice president from 2020 to 2022.
Rana Barua, group CEO of Havas Group India, was elected vice-president of the association. Anupriya Acharya, outgoing president, will be the ex-officio member of the AAAI board for 2022-23.
Other elected members of the board:
- Vishandas Hardasani (Matrix Publicities and Media India Pvt Ltd)
- Kunal Lalani (Crayons Advertising Pvt Ltd)
- Rohan Mehta (Kinnect Pvt Ltd)
- Chandramouli Muthu Maitri (Advertising Works Pvt Ltd, Cochin)
- Sridhar Ramasubramanian (Beehive Communications Pvt Ltd)
- Shashidhar Sinha (Initiative Media India Pvt Ltd)
- K Srinivas (Sloka Advertising Pvt Ltd, Hyderabad)
- Vivek Srivastava (Innocean Worldwide Communications Pvt Ltd)
About the AAAI:
Advertising Agencies Association of India (AAAI) is the official, national organisation of advertising agencies, formed in 1945, to promote their interests. The Association promotes professionalism, through its founding principles, which uphold sound business practices between Advertisers and Advertising Agencies and the various media.