The Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ and Union Minister WCD and Textiles Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani jointly launched Toycathon-2021 and the Toycathon Portal. Toycathon is being organized to develop India as the global Toy manufacturing hub. Toycathon will provide a platform to conceptualize innovative toys based on the Indian value system which will inculcate the positive behaviour and good value among the children.
The Toycathon will be based on nine themes:
- Indian Culture, History, Knowledge of India and Ethos;
- Learning, Education and Schooling;
- Social and human values;
- Occupations & specific fields;
- Divyang ;
- Fitness and sport;
- Out of the box, creative and logical thinking and
- Rediscovering/redesigning traditional Indian toys.