What is Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana (RKVY)?
In 2007, Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana was launched to provide and ensure the holistic development of agriculture and allied sectors. Through this scheme, each state government is allowed to choose their agriculture and allied sector development activities. The development activities must be based on district and state agriculture plans. The National Development Council launched this program due to concerns about the poor expansion of agriculture and related services. In the initiative, 100% of funding is done by the Central government, and this game was initiated as additional Central assistance to the state plan scheme.
The funding structure has been changed in 2015 and 2016, the ratio is 60 to 40 which is split between the center and the state government. After the implementation of the program, it has progressed significantly and has been executed into two plan periods. The extension of these projects includes crop development, horticulture, agriculture mechanization, natural resource management, post-harvest management, animal husbandry, marketing, fisheries, and dairy development.
What are the objectives of Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana?
Since the Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana was developed to increase the growth in the agriculture sector by adopting a holistic development of agriculture and solid sectors there are two objectives of this scheme which are listed below.
- The scheme aims to encourage each state government to enhance their public investment in agriculture and related services.
- It encourages the state government to be more flexible and autonomic in designing and implementing agriculture and related services programs.
- It targets interventions, and archive the goal of minimizing yield gas in critical crops.
- It ensures that the district and state make the agriculture plans. These plans must be based on agro-climatic conditions technological availability and natural resources.
- It guarantees that the local need or crops or priorities are highlighted in the state agriculture plans.
- The scheme ensures that using a holistic approach will bring 20 table changes in the production and productivity of many components of agriculture and associated sectors.
- The scheme ensures that the returns to the farmers in the agricultural and related industries are optimized.
Features of Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana
- It is a state government scheme and the central government of India provides funds for the scheme.
- The state’s eligibility for Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana is associated with the state’s plan expenditure for agricultural and allied sectors.
- The state government’s average expenditure for 3 years presiding the previous year is used to calculate the baseline of spending.
- There will be mandatory development of state and local agriculture plans.
- The funding was done by the central government but now the ratio is 60 to 40 which is split between Central and state governments.
- If the state has reduced its commitment in the subsequent years and withdraws its name from Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana then the state has to commit that the remaining resources to finish the project have already begun.
Sectors covered under the Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana
- Crop Cultivation and Horticulture
- Animal Husbandry and Fisheries
- Dairy Development, Agriculture Research, and Education.
- Forestry and Wildlife
- Plantation and Agricultural Marketing
- Food storage and warehousing
- Sohail and water conservation
- Agriculture financial institutions, other agricultural programs, and cooperations.
FAQs related to Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana
1. What is the mean objective of Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana?
Ans. The main objective of Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana is to develop agriculture as the main source of economic activity through the state government.
2. How is the eligibility for Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana determined?
Ans. The eligibility of a state to apply for Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana is based on the state maintaining and increasing the state plan expenditure for agriculture and allied sectors.
3. What is Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana?
Ans. Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana scheme was established in the year 2007, it insurance developed of agriculture and allied sectors. The schemes especially focus on and state to increase public investment in agriculture and allied sectors.