Saarang 2023: The 28th edition of Saarang, India’s largest student-run festival begins at IIT Madras on 11th January 2023. Saarang 2023 will feature more than 100 events with participation from 500 colleges across the country. The Saarang 2023 is one of the largest student-run festivals held completely in physical mode. It is expected to see over 80,000 people at the festival. The fest will be held till 15th January 2023.
‘Saarang 2023’ India’s Largest Student-Run Festival Begins at IIT Madras- Key Points
- The theme of this year’s Saarang edition is ‘Mystic Hues’ which celebrates how intertwined colors are with culture and tradition.
- IIT Madras is hosting the Saarang 2023 after two years post Covid-19 pandemic.
- Saarang 2023 launched ‘Panacea’ for this year’s social cause.
- Panacea is a campaign aimed to encourage healthy habits to prevent disease outbreaks.
- This year, three new verticals are being introduced including Nova presents, Media Confluence, Comics, and the Korean Fest.
- The Korean Fest will celebrate journalism, comic books and characters, and Korean culture.
- The event will have lectures by actress Suma Kanakala, Chef Sashi Cheliah, Group Art Director of Amar Chitra Katha Savio Mascarenhas, Journalists Palki Sharma Upadhyay, and actress Revathy.
Saarang 2023: IIT Madras Festival
Saarang is the annual social and cultural festival of IIT Madras. It is a five-day-long fest usually celebrated in the second week of January every year. Saarang is the second oldest college festival in India. It was started in the name of ‘Mardi Gras’ with a small number of quizzes and music events. It later adopted the name ‘Saarang’ which is a spotted deer in Sanskrit, which is commonly seen in the IIT Madras Campus. It is a non-profit, student-run festival. All the organizing members of the festival are current students of IIT Madras.