The private sector lender RBL Bank has appointed Gopal Jain and Dr Sivakumar Gopalan as the non-executive directors. RBL Bank has been working on adding a diverse set of leaders with relevant experience to accelerate its 2.0 strategy. With the new additions, the bank’s board will have 14 members. The board of RBL Bank approved raising up to Rs 3,000 crores through the issue of debt securities on a private placement basis, on a “time-to-time basis”.
- Gopal Jain is an experienced private equity investor and a managing partner at Gaja Capital. He has been appointed as a non-independent director till he is liable to retire by rotation. Gaja Capital through Gaja Capital Fund II Ltd held 1.3 per cent stake in RBL Bank as at the end of June.
- Dr Sivakumar Gopalan is a researcher with over three decades of experience across various aspects of technology and has been appointed as an independent director for five years.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- RBL BANK Founded: 1943;
- RBL BANK Headquarters: Mumbai;
- RBL BANK MD & CEO: R Subramaniakumar;
- RBL BANK Tagline: Apno ka Bank.