Octave 2023 is a festival being held under the aegis of the South Zone Culture Centre, Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu to showcase the indigenous art and culture of Northeast India. Octave 2023 was inaugurated by Tamil Nadu Governor R N Ravi.
The Governor of Tamil Nadu said that the perspective of the nation towards the Northeast has changed with the passage of time and the state have involved in the growth stories of India. The Northeast is moving towards development and advancement and is bubbling with capacities and aspirations.
Tamil Nadu Governor Inaugurated Octave 2023 at Thanjavur- Key Points
- The Governor noted that the people of Northeast are the most talented, innocent, emotional full of energy, and enthusiastic.
- People of the Northeast bound with culture, art, and spirituality have been resourceful in contributing to the nation’s development.
- The Governor has urged the participants of the festival to visit Tamil Nadu and Chennai which is the spiritual and artistic capital.
- The participating states in Octave 2023 are Assam, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura, Manipur, and Arunachal Pradesh.
- The Octave 2023 is being held under the aegis of the SZCC, Union Culture Ministry from 3rd January to 6th January 2023.
- Eminent personalities present in the festival who also participated in the festival were Principal Secretary, of Tourism and Culture B Chandra Mohan, Principal Secretary to Governor Anandrao V Patil, Director of SZCC, K K Gopalkrishnan, Chairman of Bhartiya Vidya Bhavan, Chennai, N Ravi, and Director of BVB K N Ramaswamy.