Highest civilian awards of Assam for 2022-23
The recipients of the state’s top civil honours for 2022–2023 were revealed by the Assam government. The Assam government presented awards in the Asom Baibhav, Asom Sourav, and Asom Gourav categories. The chief minister of Assam, Himanta Biswa Sarma, revealed the beneficiaries of the civil awards that will be given out by the state.
Highest civilian awards of Assam for 2022-23: Asom Bhaibav Award
- Dr. Tapan Saikia will receive the Asom Baibhav, the highest civilian honour that the Assam government can bestow.
- In the Assamese area of Dibrugarh, Dr. Tapan Saikia is originally from Naharkatia. One of the supporters of the Deesikha Foundation is Dr. Saikia.
- The Asom Baibhav award will be given to Dr. Tapan Saikia in recognition of his efforts to raise cancer awareness and encourage early detection in Assam and other Northeastern regions.
- At the Prince Aly Khan Hospital in Mumbai, Dr. Tapan Saikia is currently the director of research and chief of medical oncology.
- The Asom Baibav award winner will earn a monetary prize of Rs. 5 lakhs and will be eligible to receive government-funded medical care for the rest of their lives.
Highest civilian awards of Assam for 2022-23: Asom Sourav Award
- The Asom Sourav award, in contrast, includes a payout of Rs 4 lakhs and entitles the recipients to up to Rs 3 lakhs in annual government-funded medical care.
- Four individuals have been chosen to receive the Asom Sourav prize for 2022–2023.
They are Dr. Sashidhar Phukan, Krishna Roy, Gilbert Sangma, and Dr. Binoy Kumar Saikia.
Highest civilian awards of Assam for 2022-23: Asom Gourav Award
- The Asom Gourav award comes with a cash prize of Rs. 3 lakhs, and the winner is eligible to receive medical care of up to Rs. 3 lakhs annually.
- 13 individuals in total have been chosen to receive the Asom Gourav prize in 2022-2023.
They are Drs. Debajit Barman, Manje La, Rustom Basumatary, Binanda Hatibaruah, Atul Ch Baruah, Shila Gowala, Drs. Jogesh Deuri, Pankaj Lal Gogoi, Sarbeswar Basumatary Manthang Hmar, Dayal Goswami, Dr. Syed Ifthikar Ahmed, and Dhrubajyoti Sharma.