The Tamil Nadu government has announced that all those who are eligible for benefits (other than minor children) under various government schemes are required to submit proof of possession of an Aadhaar number or undergo Aadhaar identification. According to the order, Aadhaar is mandatory for government employees, government pensioners and beneficiaries of various schemes implemented by the State government through various Departments by their implementing agencies.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
- Any individual desirous of availing himself of benefits, but does not possess an Aadhaar number or has not yet enrolled for Aadhaar, shall be required to make an application for Aadhaar enrolment before registering for the “Scheme.”
- The ‘Scheme’, according to the order, is IFHRM-integrated financial and human management system, administered by the Treasuries and Accounts Department, to make online payments of bills and payments to beneficiaries through ECS.
- The government has also announced remedial mechanisms if Aadhaar identification fails due to poor biometrics or any other reason. This would be done through admissible authentication of Aadhaar One Time Password (OTP) or Time-based OTP with limited time validity.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Tamil Nadu Governor: R. N. Ravi;
- Tamil Nadu Capital: Chennai;
- Tamil Nadu Chief minister: M. K. Stalin;
- Tamil Nadu Language: Tamil.