TPL (Tamilnadu Petroproducts Ltd.) is the world’s first linear alkylbenzene (LAB) manufacturing company to be certified by the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS). TPL’s ‘Superlab’ brand is one of the most well-known laboratory brands in the country. TPL’s position as the market leader and the only authorised seller of the chemical in India will be bolstered by the certification. LAB can be used to make biodegradable detergent, making it a more sustainable option than conventional detergent formulations.
- In a notable step, Chennai-based petrochemicals manufacturer Tamilnadu Petroproducts Ltd (TPL) has been awarded IS12795:2020 certification by the Department of Chemicals & Petrochemicals, Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilisers, Government of India for its product linear alkylbenzene (LAB).
- TPL is part of AM International’s petrochemicals sector, a diversified, international conglomerate with a federated operating architecture based in Singapore.
- The company is India’s leading LAB manufacturer and the only one in the state of Tamil Nadu. LAB is a key component in the production of synthetic detergents and industrial cleansers. TPL‘s products account for over 40% of all fabric detergents used in Indian homes. Its ‘Superlab‘ brand is one of the most well-known laboratory brands in the country.
- TPL is the only authorised seller of LAB in the Indian market, thanks to the respected Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) certification. The certificate complies with the Linear Alkyl Benzene (Quality Control) Order 2021’s standards.
- Only LAB manufacturers who have received IS 12795 certification are allowed to offer their products in Indian markets, according to the terms of this decree. TPL is now the chosen partner for industries with LAB applications as a result of this progress.
As an industry leader, product quality has been the primary priority at TPL. It will be our constant goal to provide the greatest quality LAB to our segment partners for many years to come, and to proudly contribute to India’s AtmaNirbhar Bharat mission.“
When making a surface tension-lowering chemical, LAB is created as an intermediate product. The petrochemical is used to make biodegradable detergent, making it a more environmentally friendly alternative to current detergent formulations. The substance was thoroughly assessed by the European Council Regulation (EC) and deemed to pose no significant environmental or health risks.
About Tamilnadu Petroproducts:
- Tamilnadu Petroproducts Ltd is a company based in Tamil Nadu, India.
- With its headquarters in Chennai, India, Tamilnadu Petroproducts Limited (TPL), a subsidiary of Singapore-based AM International, is a significant maker of industrial intermediate chemicals.
- The company was founded in 1984 with the goal of establishing a cutting-edge Linear Alkyl Benzene (LAB) manufacturing facility. TPL‘s product portfolio now includes caustic soda, propylene oxide, and chlorine.
About AM international:
- AM International is a company based in the United States.
- AM International is a federated operating architecture with a diversified worldwide collection of firms. It has been trusted by millions of clients for over six decades and is headquartered in Singapore.
- Many group companies are market leaders today, with operations in Southeast Asia, India, and the United Kingdom.