The International Cricket Council (ICC) announced the winners of the ICC Player of the Month awards for October 2022. India veteran batter Virat Kohli has been named as the ICC men’s Player of the Month for October. Meanwhile, Pakistan’s veteran all-rounder Nida Dar has been selected as ICC Women’s Player of the Month, thanks to her sensational form in the Women’s Asia Cup.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Both Kohli and Dar were elected winners following a global vote conducted among media representatives, ICC Hall of Famers, former international players, and fans registered at icc-cricket.com.
ICC Men’s Player of the month award for October: Virat Kohli
Virat Kohli has been in phenomenal touch this past month, delivering brilliant performances throughout the ongoing ICC T20 World Cup and has been an integral part of India’s semifinal qualification. The 34-year-old played four innings in October and had 205 runs in his kitty, including a match-winning 53-ball unbeaten 82 against Pakistan in India’s Super-12s opener.
Zimbabwe’s Sikandar Raza and South Africa’s David Miller were the other nominees for the award along with Kohli, but the Indian batter beat them to claim the title.
ICC Women’s Player of the month award for October: Nida Dar
For her key contributions to Pakistan’s semi-final surge in the Women’s Asia Cup in Bangladesh, Nida Dar takes home the ICC Women’s Player of the Month award for October.
Scoring 145 valuable runs at an average of 72.50 during the month and taking eight key wickets, the influential all-rounder underlined her importance to the Pakistan cause despite falling short in the knockout stages.
Dar claims her inaugural ICC Women’s Player of the Month win by edging out Indian duo Rodrigues and Deepti Sharma, who each produced impressive displays during their winning Women’s Asia Cup triumph.
ICC Men’s Player of the Previous Month:
- January 2022: Keegan Petersen (South Africa)
- February 2022: Shreyas Iyer (India)
- March 2022: Babar Azam (Pakistan)
- April 2022: Keshav Maharaj (South Africa)
- May 2022: Angelo Mathews (Sri Lanka)
- June 2022: Jonny Bairstow (England)
- July 2022: Prabath Jayasuriya (Sri Lanka)
- August 2022: Sikandar Raza (Zimbabwe)
- September 2022: Mohammad Rizwan (Pakistan)
ICC Women’s Player of the Previous Month:
- January 2022: Heather Knight (England)
- February 2022: Amelia Kerr (New Zealand)
- March 2022: Rachael Haynes (Australia)
- April 2022: Alyssa Healy (Australia)
- May 2022: Tuba Hassan (Pakistan)
- June 2022: Marizanne Kapp (South Africa)
- July 2022: Emma Lamb (England)
- August 2022: Tahlia McGrath (Australia)
- September 2022: Harmanpreet Kaur (India)
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- ICC Founded: 15 June 1909;
- ICC Chairman: Greg Barclay;
- ICC CEO: Geoff Allardice;
- ICC Headquarters: Dubai, United Arab Emirates.