Vishal Sharma appointed as Godrej industries CEO-designate
Vishal Sharma has been named the Chief Executive Officer-Designate (CEO-Designate) of the GIL-Chemicals Business, effective as of March 1, 2023, according to a statement from Godrej Industries Ltd. Nitin Nabar, Executive Director and President (Chemicals), Godrej Industries Limited, would be Vishal’s reporting authority, according to the company’s announcement.
Vishal Sharma appointed as Godrej industries CEO-designate: Key Points
- From Ecolab Inc., where he served as Senior Vice President for the India, Middle East, and Africa (IMEA) region, stationed in Dubai since June 2020, Vishal Sharma joins Godrej.
- The region’s record-breaking sales and profit growth were the result of Vishal’s leadership of Ecolab’s strategy and operations in IMEA.
- He played a key role in putting together a top-notch team that will hopefully help the IMEA area reach its goal of USD 1 billion in revenue in the upcoming years.
About Vishal Sharma
- Vishal has a Bachelor of Engineering from MIT Manipal in Mangalore and a Postgraduate Diploma in Management from IMDR Pune.
- Prior to this, Singapore-based Vishal oversaw Ecolab’s Asia Pacific Industrial division.
- He worked for Diversey, Inc. for 12 years before joining Ecolab in 2013, rising through the ranks from National Sales Manager in India to Global Vice President – Hotel, Healthcare, Commercial Laundry, and Food Safety, based in Amsterdam.
- He has spent the previous 27 years working in operational and strategic capacities across five continents, in both developed and emerging markets.