Every year on April 23, World Book and Copyright Day is observed to promote the love of reading. April 23 is significant in world literature because it commemorates the death on this date of prominent writers such as Miguel de Cervantes and William Shakespeare.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
23rd April 2022 World Book And Copyright Day Importance:
- This date was an obvious option for UNESCO’s General Conference, which was convened in Paris in 1995, to pay a worldwide tribute to books and authors on this day, urging everyone to read.
- Books have long symbolised humanity’s ability to conjure up worlds, both real and imagined, and to give voice to the diversity of human experience.
- They provide far-reaching kinds of conversation between individuals beyond distance and time by allowing us to share ideas, receive information, and inspire admiration for diverse cultures.
- Guadalajara, Mexico, will be the World Book Capital in 2022, with a year-long programme focusing on the role of books and reading in inspiring social change, combating violence, and cultivating a culture of peace.
- On World Book and Copyright Day, UNESCO encourages its partners to spread the message that books can help people address current issues, grasp political and economic realities, and battle inequities and disinformation.
- When it comes to educating younger generations, storytelling is a very successful strategy. Books are, without a doubt, essential vehicles for accessing, transmitting, and promoting education, science, culture, and information around the world.
23rd April 2022 History:
Every year on April 23 – the anniversary of the deaths of three great authors of world literature, Miguel de Cervantes, William Shakespeare, and Inca Garcilaso de la Vega – we honour their enthralling ability to inspire creativity, knowledge, and alter minds.