5th Assembly of International Solar Alliance: The curtain raiser for the 5th Assembly of International Solar Alliance and associated side activities, which will take place in New Delhi from October 17–20, 2022, was unveiled by Union Minister for Power and New and Renewable Energy RK Singh. According to the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, India currently holds the position of President of the International Solar Alliance (ISA) Assembly.
Bank Maha Pack includes Live Batches, Test Series, Video Lectures & eBooks
5th Assembly of International Solar Alliance: Key Points
- This gathering will feature ministers, missions, and delegations from 109 Member and Signatory Countries. R.K. Singh, Union Minister for Power, New and Renewable Energy, will preside over the assembly.
- Singh stated in his speech that India is undergoing the world’s fastest energy transition.
- The International Solar Alliance is very necessary to achieve the energy transition objective for our planet.
- As the cheapest form of energy, solar and mini-grids, according to the Minister, are the solution to ensuring that everyone in the globe has access to electricity.
- In addition, the Minister stated in his speech that International Solar Alliance (ISA) is a crucial tool for fulfilling international commitments on the energy transition.
- Every Member Country is represented in the 5th Assembly of International Solar Alliance (ISA), which is the highest decision-making body of the International Solar Alliance (ISA).
- This group decides how the ISA’s Framework Agreement will be put into practise and what coordinated efforts will be needed to accomplish the goal. Annually, the Assembly convenes at the International Solar Alliance (ISA)‘s headquarters at the ministerial level.
- It evaluates the overall impact of the programmes and other actions on the deployment of solar energy, as well as on performance, dependability, cost, and financial scope.
Strategy of the 5th Assembly of International Solar Alliance:
- Energy access, energy security, and energy transformation are three crucial problems that will be discussed at the ISA’s 5th Assembly of International Solar Alliance.
- The strategic strategy of the ISA in programmatic assistance for LDC and SIDS Member Countries, capacity building support to all developing Member Countries, and analytics & advocacy help to all Member Countries will also be covered by world leaders from ISA Member Countries.
- There should be more agreement among nations to promote solar energy following the 5th Assembly of International Solar Alliance.
- The energy transformation will be supported by increased international collaboration, which will drive investment and generate millions of new green jobs during this important decade of climate action.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Union Minister for Power and New and Renewable Energy: Shri RK Singh
- Headquarters of International Solar Alliance: Gurugram, Haryana, India
Find More News related to Summits and Conferences