Ambassador Rabab Fatima, Permanent Representative of Bangladesh to the United Nations has been appointed as the Under Secretary General of the United Nations. Secretary General Antonio Guterres has announced the appointment of Ambassador Fatima. She succeeds Courtenay Rattray of Jamaica who was appointed as the Chef de Cabinet.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Interesting facts of Rabab Fatima:
- Ambassador Rabab Fatima is the first woman diplomat from Bangladesh to be appointed to this post.
- With her appointment as Assistant Secretary General to the UN, Rabab Fatima has become the highest ranking official of Bangladesh under the UN system.
- The appointment of Rabab Fatima is testimony to Bangladesh’s close engagement with the multilateral diplomatic system and a recognition of the professionalism of Bangladeshi diplomats.
Career of Rabab Fatima:
- Ambassador Rabab Fatima is a career diplomat from Bangladesh. She had joined the Bangladesh Foreign Service in 1989.
- Earlier, she served as Ambassador of Bangladesh to Japan between 2016-2019 and worked in various capacities in the ministry of Foreign Affairs and at Bangladesh missions in New York, Kolkata, Geneva and Beijing.