The Andhra Pradesh government has started distributing pensions at the doorstep to 58,44,240 beneficiaries. They using its 2.5 lakh volunteer eliminating the need for pensioners to step out of their homes. The aim is to encourage beneficiaries to stay at home and avoid stepping out.
The beneficiaries have been receiving different amounts as per the defined categories. From old age persons to fishermen and folk artists, the pension will help every section amid the ongoing 21-day lockdown.
- For old-age persons, widows, weavers, single women, fishermen, folk artists and traditional cobblers who will receive an amount of Rs 2,250 each.
- People with disabilities, transgenders and Dappu artists will receive an amount of Rs 3,000 each.
- Those who suffer from a chronic disease and are undergoing kidney dialysis at government and network hospitals will receive an amount of Rs 10,000 each.
After the completion of the distribution of pensions, the government will give financial relief to the poor and needy delivered at the doorstep on the 4th of April using the same network of volunteers.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy.
- Governor of Andhra Pradesh: Biswa Bhushan Harichandan.
- Capital of Andhra Pradesh: Amaravati.
- Sri Venkateswara National Park is located in the Chittoor and Cuddapah districts of the state of Andhra Pradesh.