As per the EASE Banking Reforms Index 2.0, Bank of Baroda has been placed at the first spot. State Bank of India and Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC) got the 2nd and 3rd place respectively. The Indian Banking Association (IBA) makes EASE (Enhanced Access and Service Excellence) reform index. The aim of this index is to bring fruitful change in the PSBs by brining in healthy competition among these PSBs and by encouraging them to learn from each other.
The Index measures the performance of the Public Sector Bank on more than 120 objective metrics based on six themes.
- Responsible Banking
- Customer Responsiveness
- Credit off-take
- Governance and HR
- PSBs as Udyamimitra for MSMEs
- Deepening Financial Inclusion and Digitalisation.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Indian Banking Association CEO: Sunil Mehta.
- Indian Banking Association Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Indian Banking Association Founded: 26 September 1946.