The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has introduced a new A+ category for its umpires and Nitin Menon, along with ten other officials, have been grouped in the category. Umpires in A+ and A categories are paid Rs 40,000 a day for a first-class game while Rs 30,000 a day are paid in the B and C category.
- The others in the A+ category include four international umpires: Anil Chaudhary, Madangopal Jayaraman, Virender Kumar Sharma and K N Ananthapadmabhanan.
- Rohan Pandit, Nikhil Patwardhan, Sadashiv Iyer, Ulhas Gandhe and Navdeep Singh Sidhu are also part of the A+ category.
- Twenty umpires including C Shamshuddin form the A group, 60 are in Group B, 46 in Group C and 11 in Group D which falls in the 60-65 age bracket.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- BCCI President: Sourav Ganguly;
- BCCI secretary: Jay Shah;
- BCCI Headquarters: Mumbai;
- BCCI Founded: December 1928.