The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully flight-tested indigenously developed third-generation Man-Portable Antitank Guided Missile (MPATGM) for its minimum range. The missile was launched from a man-portable launcher integrated with a thermal site, and all the mission objectives were met.
About the Missile:
- The missile has already been flight-tested for the maximum range.
- MPATGM is a low weight, fire and forgets missile, incorporated with state-of-the-art Miniaturized Infrared Imaging Seeker along with advanced avionics.
- It is being developed to strengthen the combat capabilities of the Indian Army.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Chairman DRDO: Dr G Satheesh Reddy.
- DRDO Headquarters: New Delhi.
- DRDO Established: 1958.