Global Buddhist Summit to be addressed by PM
On April 20, Prime Minister Narendra Modi gave a speech at the opening session of the Global Buddhist Summit, which is being organized by the Ministry of Culture and the International Buddhist Confederation for two days. The summit aims to bring together leading Buddhist figures and experts from around the world to discuss Buddhist and universal issues and generate policy recommendations to address them together.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Inaugural Session Of Global Buddhist Summit: key Points
- The PMO has stated that the summit will explore how the essential principles of Buddha Dhamma can inspire and direct people in today’s world.
- Eminent scholars, Sangha leaders, and Dharma practitioners from various regions will participate in the event, discussing significant global issues and finding solutions based on the universal values of Buddha Dhamma.
- The summit aims to engage global leaders and scholars of the Buddhist Dhamma to address Buddhist and universal concerns and formulate collective policy solutions.
- The discussion will explore how the fundamental values of Buddha Dhamma can inspire and guide contemporary settings.
- The PMO stated that the summit will bring together distinguished scholars, Sangha leaders, and Dharma practitioners from all over the world to discuss pressing global issues and seek answers from the universal values of Buddha Dhamma.
G7 Ministers’ Meeting: Climate, Energy, and Environment Highlights
Inaugural Session Of Global Buddhist Summit: Keynote Speaker
According to the report, the event will feature two keynote speakers: Professor Robert Thurman, a renowned expert on Tibetan Buddhism from the United States, and His Holiness Thich Tri Quang, the Deputy Patriarch of the Vietnam Buddhist Sangha. The report mentioned that Professor Thurman received the prestigious Padma Shri Award in 2020 for his work in reviving India’s ancient Buddhist heritage.
IIT Kanpur to Host Youth20 Consultation on Global Concerns
Inaugural Session Of Global Buddhist Summit: Topics of Summit
There will be talks conducted on four different topics which are Buddha Dhamma and Peace, Buddha Dhamma in relation to environmental crisis, health and sustainability, the conservation of the Nalanda Buddhist Tradition, and Buddha Dhamma Pilgrimage, Living Heritage, and Buddha Relics. These discussions aim to provide a strong foundation for India’s long-standing cultural connections with countries in South, Southeast, and East Asia.
Also Read: G20 EMPOWER 2nd Meeting: Accelerating Women’s Economic Empowerment
Find More News related to Summits and Conferences