Prime Minister Narendra Modi has participated in the virtual India-Sweden summit, with the Prime Minister of Sweden, Stefan Lofven. The virtual summit was organised to exchange views on regional and global issues and to discuss the bilateral relations between the two countries. This was the fifth interaction between the two leaders since 2015.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
About the Summit:
- Both the leaders underlined that the longstanding close relations between India and Sweden were based on shared values of democracy, rule of law, pluralism, equality, freedom of speech, and respect for human rights.
- Prime Minister Modi welcomed Sweden’s decision to join the International Solar Alliance (ISA).
- The leaders also noted the growing member-ship of the India-Sweden joint initiative – the Leadership Group on Indus-try Transition (LeadIT) that was launched during the UN Climate Action Summit in September 2019 in New York.
- The two leaders also discussed the Covid-19 situation including the vaccination drive and stressed the need for vaccine equity by providing urgent and affordable access to vaccines across all nations.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Stockholm is the capital of Sweden.
- The krona is the official currency of Sweden.
- The current PM of Sweden is Stefan Lofven.
Find More Summits and Conferences Here