EY Entrepreneur of the Year (EOY) 2022
Sajjan Jindal, the chairman and managing director of JSW Group, was awarded as the EY Entrepreneur of the Year (EOY) 2022. The seven-member jury led by former ICICI Bank chairman K V Kamath selected Jindal as the EOY 2022 winner for his “exceptional entrepreneurial journey in scaling the global conglomerate with presence in steel, cement, infrastructure, energy, and paints to revenues of US$22 billion. Jindal has created a track record of executing large capital-intensive, technically complex, and state-of-the-art steel manufacturing facilities on principles of cost efficiency and operational excellence.
Winners in other categories included
- Mahesh Pratapneni, co-founder and group CEO of MedGenom, who was awarded in the startup category.
- IDFC First Bank MD V Vaidyanathan bagged the award in the financial services category;
- Borosil Group executive chairman Pradeep Kheruka in manufacturing;
- Safexpress MD Rubal Jain in services;
- Vedant Fashions chairman Ravi Modi in products & retail; and
- Gujarat Fluorochemicals MD Vivek Jain in business transformation category.
- Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival Awards 2023: Check the winner’s list
- Dr. Mahendra Mishra awarded the International Mother Language Award in Dhaka