List of Miss India winners: Sini Shetty of Karnataka was named Femina Miss India 2022 on July 3, 2022, succeeding outgoing titleholder Manasa Varanasi. Femina One of the most well-known beauty contests in the nation is Miss India. Here is the list of all the Miss India Winners from the independence to the current time, i.e., 1947 to 2022.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
About Miss India and Miss India Pageant
- Being crowned Miss India is not an easy feat because the contestants are judged on a variety of criteria, including intelligence and physical attractiveness.
- Contestants for Miss India are judged not just on their appearance but also on their qualifications for the esteemed title.
- Sini Shetty of Karnataka won the Femina Miss India 2022 title at the 58th iteration of the beauty competition on July 3, 2022.
- At the Jio World Center in Mumbai, she was crowned by the outgoing titleholder Manasa Varanasi.
- A 21-year-old with a bachelor’s degree in accounting and finance, Sini Shetty.
- She has training in Bharatnatyam dance and is currently pursuing a professional programme called Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA).
- Pramila (Esther Victoria Abraham) of Calcutta was the first Miss India beauty pageant champion.
- The pageant was conducted by the Local Press, and she won it in 1947.
- Later in 1952, there were two Miss India pageants, with Indrani Rehman and Nutan declared the winners.
- Later, Indrani Rehman represented India at the Miss Universe pageant, which was held for the first time in 1952.
Indian-American Aarya Walvekar crowned Miss India USA 2022
List of Miss India winners (1947-2022)
One of the most prestigious beauty pageants, Miss India gives thousands of young women in India a stage and an opportunity. The Miss India pageant offers many a chance to enter the glamorous world, while others use it as an opportunity to research and support a cause they are passionate about. Check out the list of Miss India winners from 1947 to 2022:
|1947||Esther Victoria Abraham (Pramila)||West Bengal|
|1952||Indrani Rahman||Tamil Nadu|
|1961||Veronica Leonara Torcato||Maharashtra|
|1964||Meher Castelino Mistri||Maharashtra|
|1967||Nayyara Mirza||New Delhi|
|1968||Anjum Mumtaz Barg||Maharashtra|
|1974||Shalini Bhavnath Dholakia||Maharashtra|
|1976||Naina Sudhir Balsavar||Uttar Pradesh|
|1977||Nalini Viswanathan||Tamil Nadu|
|1978||Alamjeet Kaur Chauhan||Punjab|
|1982||Pamela Singh||New Delhi|
|1991||Christabelle Howie||Tamil Nadu|
|1994||Sushmita Sen||New Delhi|
|1995||Manpreet Brar||New Delhi|
|1998||Lymaraina D’ Souza||Karnataka|
|2001||Celina Jaitley||West Bengal|
|2002||Neha Dhupia||New Delhi|
|2003||Nikita Anand||New Delhi|
|2006||Neha Kapur||New Delhi|
|2007||Sarah Jane Dias||Karnataka|
|2013||Navneet Kaur Dhillon||Punjab|
|2014||Koyal Rana||New Delhi|
|2015||Aditi Arya||New Delhi|
|2018||Anukreethy Vas||Tamil Nadu|
Karnataka’s Sini Shetty crowned Femina Miss India 2022
List of Miss India winners: FAQs
Ques. Who is the 1st Miss India?
Ans. Pramila (Esther Victoria Abraham), a native of Kolkata (formerly known as Calcutta), was the lady to win the Miss India title in 1947.
Ques. Who is the most successful Miss India?
Ans. The Miss World Organization recognised successful Indian actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan as the most successful Miss World ever last weekend. Here is a look at the actress’s career since she took home the trophy 20 years ago.
Ques. How many Miss Worlds has India won?
Ans. India and Venezuela are the two nations to have won the Miss World title the most, which is six times. Manushi Chillar is the last Indian to have been crowned in 2017, while Reita Faria was the first to represent India to win the prestigious Miss World title in 1966.
Ques. Who is the most beautiful Miss India?
Ans. One of the most attractive women in the world is Aishwarya Rai! In 1994, she was crowned Miss World. She stunned everyone with her breathtaking good looks and stunning eyes. Unquestionably one of the most beautiful women in the world right now.