The Government of India has launched a mobile app “KhananPrahari” and a web app Coal Mine Surveillance and Management System (CMSMS) for reporting unauthorized coal mining activities so that monitoring and taking suitable action on it can be done by the concerned Law & Order enforcing authority.
The CMSMS has been developed to curb illegal mining and take transparent action as an e-Governance initiative of GoI on the use of Space Technology.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Ministry of Coal Launched ‘Khanan Prahari’ Mobile App to Curb Illegal Mining – Key Points
- The objective of the development and launching of the CMSMS application was to detect citizens’ participation against illegal mining by receipt of citizen complaints through a mobile app – KhananPrahari.
- The app will help to monitor and take action on any kind of illegal coal mining activity being carried out within the leasehold boundaries of any Coal Mining Project in the Coalfield Areas.
- It is a Mobile App of the Ministry of Coal for Reporting Illegal Coal Mining and a tool for reporting any illegal coal mining incident through geo-tagged photographs as well as textual information by any citizen from the place of incidence.
Measures taken by Ministry of Coal
The following measures are taken to reduce illegal coal mining operations in the country: –
- Concrete walls have been erected on the mouth of the abandoned mines to prevent access and illegal activities in these areas.
- Surprise raids/checks are being conducted jointly by security personnel and law and order authorities of the concerned State Government.
- Dumping of the overburden is being done on the outcrop zones.
- Installation of check posts at vulnerable points.
- Training of existing security/CISF personnel, refresher training, and basic training of recruits in security discipline for strengthening the security setup;
- Maintaining close liaison with the State authorities.
- A committee/task force has been constituted at different levels (block level, sub-divisional level, district level, state level) in some subsidiaries of CIL to monitor different aspects of illegal mining.
DMRC: India To Get Its First National Metro Rail Knowledge Centre In Delhi
NCST functioning with less than 50% of sanctioned strength
Find More Miscellaneous News Here