The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Indore Students won AED 1 million by winning the gold medal at the World Government Summit in Dubai. Niyati Totala and Neel Kalpeshkumar Parikh of The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Indore, were awarded the prestigious medal by Egyptian President Abel Fattah Al-Sisi.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
IIT Indore Students Awarded with Global Best M-GOV Awards by Egyptian President- Key Points
- The IIT students were the creators of the ‘Blockbill’ app. Blockbill is a blockchain-based receipt generation app that generates digital receipts for all of its users’ transactions.
- This app solves multiple problems, which aids the transition away from the production of thermal papers for printing receipts.
- Thermal papers which are ubiquitous and found in most retail locations cannot be recycled because of the chemicals that are used to create them. Blockbill is conceptualized to solve this issue.
- The “M-Gov Award” and the “GovTech Award” are annual awards organized by the UAE government as part of the World Government Summit.
- These awards are designed to encourage pioneering students, researchers, government agencies & institutions, private sector companies, and startups to develop innovative solutions using the latest technologies to address evolving local and global challenges and explore new opportunities for a better future for humanity.
About M-Gov Award 2023
It is the eighth edition of “The Global Best M-Gov Award” which is presented to students and researchers worldwide enrolled and registered in public and private universities, as well as graduates of the “One Million Coders” Program, to highlight the pioneering role of universities and creative and innovative youth in addressing local and global challenges.
The award aims to recognize solutions that adopt novel approaches and techniques efficiently leveraging technology to solve problems affecting a large segment of the population and provide tangible benefits with the ability to expand geographically across borders.
Nikos Christodoulides Elected as New President of Cyprus with 51.9 % Votes
First-Ever Woman Astronaut from Saudi Arabia to go on Space Mission in 2023