Indian-Origin, Nand Mulchandani has been appointed as the first-ever Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), the first line of defence for the United States. Prior to this, he served as the CTO and acting director of the Joint Artificial Intelligence Centre under the US Department of Defence. He served as the CEO of multiple successful startups like Oblix (acquired by Oracle), Determina, OpenDNS, and ScaleXtreme.
Before joining the CIA, Mulchandani most recently served as the CTO and acting director of the US Department of Defense’s Joint Artificial Intelligence Center.
Who is Nand Mulchandani?
- Mulchandani completed his schooling in Delhi. He studied at the Bluebells School International between 1979 and 1987 and then went to Cornell University for his undergraduate course in Computer Science and Math. He then went on to secure a Master of Science degree in Management from Stanford, and a Master in Public Administration degree from Harvard.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Central Intelligence Agency Founder: Harry S. Truman;
- Central Intelligence Agency Founded: 26 July 1947;
- Central Intelligence Agency Headquarters: Langley, McLean, Virginia, United States;
- Central Intelligence Agency Director: William J. Burns;
- Central Intelligence Agency Deputy Director: David S. Cohen.