The latest report on the State of India’s Children: Status and Trends in Multidimensional Child Development will be jointly developed and launched by NITI Aayog and UNICEF India. This was determined, when the two organisations signed a Statement of Intent (SoI), reiterating their joint commitment to achieving children’s rights in India.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
- The report will create frameworks for understanding health and nutrition, education, water and sanitation, household living standards, and a child-friendly environment across states.
- This endeavour will contribute to India’s commitments to the 2030 Agenda by providing a set of policy suggestions for concerted action in terms of speeding progress toward the SDGs and ensuring holistic development for all children.
- One in every third person in India is a juvenile under the age of 18, while one in every fifth person is an adolescent between the ages of 10 and 19.
- The NITI Aayog and UNICEF India collaboration will develop the methods, technical analysis, reporting, and action planning for the first report on the ‘State of India’s Children,’ focusing on multidimensional aspects of child development such as health, nutrition, education, water and sanitation, protection, and other relevant issues.
- This project will take a whole-of-society approach, incorporating all stakeholders, including Union Ministries, State Governments, Academia, Civil Society Organisations, child rights and civil rights groups.
Important Takeaways for all Competitive Exams:
- Hyun Hee Ban, UNICEF India’s Chief of Social Policy
- Arjan de Wagt, Officer in Charge – Deputy Representative UNICEF
- Shri Amitabh Kant is presently posted as CEO, NITI Aayog (National Institution for Transforming India).
Find More News Related to Agreements