Paytm Payments Bank (PPBL) management has received an RBI-mandated IT auditors report and the central bank’s observation on it, more than six months after it was asked to pause onboarding new customers.
Bank Maha Pack includes Live Batches, Test Series, Video Lectures & eBooks
Paytm Payments Bank receives RBI observations on IT report- Key Points
- As per the preliminary assessment carried out by the bank management team, it was informed that the observations are largely around the continued strengthening of IT outsourcing processes and operational risk management.
- The payments bank is a joint venture between Paytm, which owns a 49 percent stake in the company, and Vijay Shekhar Sharma, who holds 51 percent.
- The bank management is in the process of responding to the RBI and will wait for further discussions/directions from the regulator.
- The fintech firm informed that it cannot share a timeline on when it would be permitted to resume onboarding new customers.
- Paytm has posted a consolidated loss of Rs 571.5 crore for the quarter that ended September FY23, widening from a loss of Rs 473.5 crore recorded in the same period last year.
- However, the loss narrowed from Rs 645.4 crore registered in Q1FY23.
Find More News Related to Banking