Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the second phase of the two flagship missions, namely, Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban (SBM-U) and Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT), from Dr Ambedkar International Centre in New Delhi. The SBM-U 2.0 and AMRUT 2.0 have been designed to realise the aspiration of making all cities ‘garbage free’ and ‘water secure’. The outlay of SBM-U 2.0 is around Rs 1.41 lakh crore. The outlay of AMRUT 2.0 is around Rs 2.87 lakh crore.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Features of SBM-U 2.0
- SBM-U 2.0 make all cities ‘garbage free’ and ensure grey and black water management in all cities other than those covered under AMRUT
- SBM-U 2.0make all urban local bodies open defecation free+ and those with a population of less than one lakh as open defecation free++, to achieve the vision of safe sanitation in urban areas
- SBM-U 2.0 source segregation of solid waste, utilising the principles of 3Rs (reduce, reuse, recycle), scientific processing of all types of municipal solid waste and remediation of legacy dumpsites for effective solid waste management.
Features of AMRUT 2.0:
- AMRUT 2.0 provide 100 per cent coverage of water supply to all households in around 4,700 urban local bodies by providing about 2.68 crore tap connections.
- AMRUT 2.0 provide 100 per cent coverage of sewerage and septage in 500 AMRUT cities by providing around 2.64 crore sewer or septage connections.
- AMRUT 2.0 adopt the principles of a circular economy and promote conservation and rejuvenation of surface and groundwater bodies promote data-led governance in water management and technology sub-mission to leverage the latest global technologies and skills.
Find More News Related to Schemes & Committees