Vigilance Commissioner, Suresh N. Patel was appointed as the Central Vigilance Commissioner. He has been working as the acting Central Vigilance Commissioner (CVC) since June this year. He was sworn in as the chief of the Central Vigilance Commission by President Droupadi Murmu at Rashtrapati Bhavan. The ceremony was also attended by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu.
Commonwealth Games 2022: Medal Tally Of India In CWG
Previous Central Vigilance Commissioner:
Former Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer Sanjay Kothari had completed his term as the CVC on June 24 last year.
About the Central Vigilance Commission:
The Central Vigilance Commission is headed by a Central Vigilance Commissioner and it can have two vigilance commissioners. At present, there is no vigilance commissioner working in the Commission. A three-member selection panel headed by the Prime Minister had met in July to decide on the CVC and vigilance commissioners. The other two members on the panel are Union Home Minister and the Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha.
Important Takeaways for All Competitive Exams:
- Central Vigilance Commission Formed: February 1964;
- Central Vigilance Commission Objectives: To address governmental corruption;
- Central Vigilance Commission Jurisdiction: Government of India;
- Central Vigilance Commission Headquarters: New Delhi;
- Central Vigilance Commission First executive: Nittoor Srinivasa Rau;
- Central Vigilance Commission Appointer: President of India.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams