Dr. Jitendra Singh, Minister of State for the Government of India, left for Portugal to attend the Lisbon UN Ocean Conference, 2022. On the topic of Scaling up Ocean Action based on Science and Innovation for the implementation of Goal 14: Stock taking, Partnerships and Solutions, he will give the conference’s keynote presentation. The Conference will have participants from more than 130 nations.
- Dr. Singh declared in his final remarks that, under the direction of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, India would offer collaborative solutions based on science and innovation for the realisation of Goal 14.
- In order to close the methodology and data gaps on SDG indicators, he claimed that India has well-established engagement and partnerships with UN agencies and research institutions.
- India is advancing the UN Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development, 2021–2030, according to the Minister, in order to create an ocean that is clear, healthy, productive, predictable, safe, and accessible.
- At the conclusion of the Conference, the leaders will also reiterate the statement titled Our ocean, our future: call for action.
- The high-level United Nations Conference to Support the Implementation of Sustainable Development Goal 14 endorsed the declaration.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Ministry of Science and Technology, Minister of state Ministry of earth science, GoI: Dr. Jitendra Singh