The Yudh Abhyas is a 15-day-long exercise that will focus on high altitude and extremely cold climate warfare. Exercise Yudh Abhyas is conducted annually between India and US to exchange best practices, Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures between the two nations’ Armies.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
‘Yudh Abhyas’, India-US joint military exercise to start in Uttrakhand- Key Points
- The previous edition of the exercise was conducted at Joint Base Elmendorf Richardson, Alaska (USA) in October 2021.
- US Army soldiers of the 2nd Brigade of the 11th Airborne Division and Indian Army soldiers from the Assam Regiment will be participating in the exercise.
- The schedule will include all operations related to peacekeeping and peace enforcement.
- The troops from both nations will work together to achieve common objectives.
- The joint exercise will also focus on Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) operations.
- Auli is situated just 95 km from the LAC. The exercise, thus, indicates a joint endorsement against China’s aggression in Ladakh at the western sector of the LAC in the past two years.
- The vast extent of the exercises between the two armies will also include the formation of integrated battle groups, force multipliers, establishment and functioning of surveillance grids, validation of operational logistics, mountain warfare skills, casualty evacuation, and combat medical aid in adverse terrains and climates.