The fourth edition of the ONGC Para Games was officially launched in New Delhi’s Thyagaraj Sports Complex by Union Minister of Petroleum, Natural Gas, Housing, and Urban Affairs Shri Hardeep Singh Puri. The 4th ONGC Para Games are being held by Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) from August 2-4, 2022, and feature 275 Persons with Disabilities (PwD) who work for eight central oil and gas public organisations.
- ONGC Para Games is a fantastic platform for bringing inclusivity and equity to the human resource of the public businesses under the Ministry, according to Shri Hardeep Singh Puri, who opened the 4th ONGC Para Games.
- The Paralympic Committee of India has assisted ONGC in organising the Para Games on an international scale since their first edition in 2017.
- At that event, 120 ONGC PwD employees competed in events like wheelchair racing, badminton, and athletics.
- Since then, both the number of players and the variety of the games have grown.
- Many of the para-athletes competing in the ONGC Para Games have also represented India with distinction at the Paralympics.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Union Minister of Petroleum, Natural Gas, Housing, and Urban Affairs: Shri Hardeep Singh Puri
- Interim chairperson and managing director of the Oil and Natural Gas Corporation: Alka Mittal