Agniveers personnel recruited on short-term contracts in the Army, Navy, and Air Force under the unique Agnipath system would have preference in recruitment to the state’s police and associated services, according to Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath. This comes a day after Defence Minister Rajnath Singh launched the Agnipath scheme for short-term contractual recruitment of personnel in the tri-services for a maximum of four years.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Agnipath Yojana is a visionary and welcome decision for the youth’s bright future.
- In this context, the ministry of home affairs (MHA) said today that Agniveers who complete four years under this plan will be given precedence for recruitment into CAPFs (central armed police forces) and Assam Rifles.
- On this decision, detailed planning has already begun.
- The first four years of contractual service are unlikely to be taken into account when ultimate pensionary benefits are calculated.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Defence Minister of India: Shri Rajnath Singh
- Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh: Yogi Adityanath