Anshul Swami has been named managing director and chief executive officer of Shivalik Small Finance Bank. Swami’s nomination has already been accepted by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). Swami succeeds Suveer Kumar Gupta, who co-founded the bank and guided it through its transformation from an urban co-operative to a local finance institution. According to insiders, Gupta will now serve as an adviser to the Board of Directors.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
- Swami has worked in a variety of client and geographic sectors for over 20 years. He has experience in a variety of consumer categories, including retail, SMB, microfinance, and agriculture.
- Swami worked for RBL Bank as Head – Retail & Inclusion, Products before joining Shivalik SFB. He’s previously worked at Barclays, Citi Financial, and Britannia.
- Swami will be in charge of the bank’s digital activities, with an emphasis on small businesses and growing the bank’s footprint across the country.
- Last year, Shivalik Small Finance Bank became the first Universal Cooperative Bank to change to a Small Finance Bank structure.
- Total advances were Rs 804.9 crore at the end of March, up 12 percent year on year, while total deposits were Rs 1,244.5 crore, up 9.2 percent year on year.