The FICCI’s Committee Against Smuggling and Counterfeiting Activities Destroying the Economy (CASCADE) has taken the initiative to launch Anti-Smuggling Day, which will be marked on 11 February every year. The inaugural Anti-Smuggling Day is being observed on February 11, 2022.
Significance of Anti-Smuggling Day:
- Anti-Smuggling Day will gather momentum and bring together policymakers, international institutions, enforcement agencies, industry members, media, and consumers for their commitment to take action to fight against the global menace of smuggling.
- ‘Anti-Smuggling Day’ will represent a major step in the fight against the global menace of smuggling.
- With no country immune to the impact of smuggling and no single sector can be said to be an exception, this day will highlight the mounting hazard of smuggling. It will not only call for attention for creating awareness on this issue, but will also evaluate what more needs to be done at a national and international level in mitigating this challenge.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- FICCI Founded: 1927;
- FICCI Headquarters: New Delhi;
- FICCI President: Sanjiv Mehta;
- FICCI Secretary General: Arun Chawla.