Australia has cancelled “Pitch Black 2020” premier multilateral air combat training exercise between India and Australia. Australia takes this decision due to the current and anticipated impacts of the worldwide pandemic of COVID-19. The next edition is scheduled in 2022. Its last edition held in 2018.
Chief of the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF), Meg Hupfeld informed Air Chief Marshal Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria of Indian Air Force (IAF) about the cancellation through a letter.
What is “Pitch Black” exercise?
- Pitch Black exercise is an international enhancement activity with forces participating from a wide range of regional, coalition and allied nations developing and enhancing military relationships at all levels.
- It aims to provide a unique opportunity for an exchange of knowledge and experience with Offensive Counter Air (OCA) and Defensive Counter Air (DCA) combat practice in a simulated war environment.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Capital of Australia: Canberra.
- Prime Minister (PM) Australia: Scott John Morrison.
- The currency of Australia: Australian Dollar.