The Union Health minister Mansukh Mandaviya, organised a week-long celebration under the “Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav”, marking the fourth anniversary of Ayushman Bharat- Health and Wellness Centres (AB-HWCs) from April 16 to April 22. The inauguration of the first AB-HWC on 14th April 2018, at Jangla, a serene village in the Bijapur District of Chhattisgarh.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Union Health Minister addresses at 4th-anniversary celebrations:
Mansukh Mandaviya, the union Health minister addressed the fourth-anniversary celebration of AB-HWCs in a meeting organised virtually, which saw the participation of more than 1 Lakh AB-HWCs, State Health ministers, senior officials of all the States and Union Territories, healthcare workers from various hospitals and development partners.
- On April 16, 2022, a record of more than 3 lakh teleconsultations were done under the eSanjeevani platform of AB-HWCs. This is the highest number of telecommunications done on a single day, surpassing its earlier record of 1.8 Lakh teleconsultations per day.
- On the second day, i.e. On April 17, 2022, Yoga sessions were organised in all the AB-HWCs to highlight the integration of health and wellness in service provision at AB-HWCs.
- The third day begins with organising ‘Block Health Melas’ from 18 April to 22 April, in at least one block in each district of the State/Union Territories (UTs). Each Block Health Mela would be for one day and each block in the State/UTs is to be covered.
- The Block Health Melas provide screening for early diagnosis of Tuberculosis (TB), Hypertension, diabetes, basic health care services with drugs and diagnostics along with teleconsultation with relevant health specialists.
- The Government of India is committed to establishing 1,50,000 AB-HWCs by December 2022. Of which 1,17,400 HWCs have been already established, also more than 1 Lakh Centres have registered for the e-Sanjeevani HWCs portal.